Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Softened

REBEL T1i - f/4 - 1/60 sec. - ISO 400 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm - 18mm focal length
Hiking in the woods with Connor again. Another late afternoon walk with great lighting. I realy liked the incomplete composition of this shot. Nothing is complete, you can only see part of the bridge, part of the creek, the bottoms of the trees. Everything has been cut off. Yet the line of sight from the water highlights, moves in a nice straight line up the photo drawing your eyes upwards. I played around in Photoshop with the HDR toning filter, softening things up and increasing the highlights and shadows. I actually think i might want to get a print of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take the time to tell me what you like and did not like. Be as descriptive as you can be. List specific aspects of the photograph that you liked or did not. This will allow me to gain a better understanding of what people see when they look at my photos.